Coach: Shona Boshears
Click here to view pictures in the gallery!
- Please be at all meets no later than 4:45.
- Stay until the Girls and the Boys are finished.
- Support and cheer on each other. Bring you a bottle of water to each meet.
- If a Meet is cancelled, the meet will be on the following Monday.
- You must run in 4 Meets to qualify for individual awards, unless it is under the care of a physician.
- You must be present at school to be able to participate in the Meets.
Suggested Guidelines for Scott County Middle School Cross Country
(decided upon by coaches of 2011-2012 season)
MEETS and AWARDS:
- All meets are located at Scott High School track
- Each meet will begin at 5:00 p.m., beginning with the girls cross country race and followed by the boys cross country race
- Meet length should be at least 1.75 miles
- Times should be kept for top 10 runners minimum
- In the event of a tie at a regular season meet, the time of the 6th runner will break the tie
- In the event of a tie between schools for placement, the result should be left as a tie
- Runners must compete in at least four meets to be considered for individual awards unless they are under the care of a physician and can provide evidence of such
- A runner, who is not present during the school day of a scheduled meet, shall not compete in that day’s event
- Coaches should have final team roster by second scheduled meet if not before
- Hosting coach will ensure spotters are placed along the course
- Hosting school is responsible for set up of meet
- Individual schools are responsible for water of their team of runners
- Each school are responsible for transportation
- Any money leftover will be used to purchase materials for the Scott County Middle School Cross Country Program
- Hosting school must cancel any meet by 2:15 p.m. of the day of the meet
- The following Tuesday should be the make up day for the missed meet
- Reasons for Cancellations/Postponements:
- Severe weather; i.e. lightning, flooding, etc.