Ms. Melinda Gibson
Planning period: 1:30-2:15 PM
- Afton Cook
- Gracie Harness
- Brody Lowe
- Grace Lowe
- Karri Miles
- Daniel Pickard
- Emma Potter
- Aubrianna Scalf
- Calli Strunk
- Cheyenne Webb
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to second grade! I am Ms. Melinda, and I am so excited to be your child’s teacher this year. You will be amazed at how much your child will learn and grow this year! Second grade is a big year, so students will need to try their best and parents will need to be prepared to help out. If students, parents, and myself all work together, I’m sure we’ll have a successful year.
- Beginning Monday, August 8, and on the first day of each week, students will bring a homework folder home. This folder will have all spelling and vocabulary for the entire year. It will also contain other handouts that will be useful to the students. These will all be in sheet protectors and will need to be kept in the folder.
- The homework pages that your child will bring home are review pages of the skill we are working on that week. There will be a spelling, phonics, and grammar review page for each day. Math homework will vary.
- Please remember to label all backpacks, coats, etc. with your child’s name.
- We will have concessions. Prices will be from .25 cents to $1 depending on what your child chooses.
- Remember that school starts at 7:50 daily. If your child comes in after this time, you will need to sign them in at the office. We have reading class beginning at 8 every morning, so it is VERY important that your child be at school on time. You can drop your child off after 7:25. If you come to pick your child up early for any reason during the year, remember to sign them out in the office.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. You may email me at
or call me (663-3700) during my planning period, 1:30-2:15 daily.
Thanks and I look forward to working with you!
Most Frequently Used Words