Children's Bible Ministries offers off-campus religious instruction to students in Grades 3-4. Classes are completely voluntary and offered once a month from 10:20-11:15 at Fairview Church. Consent forms were made available at the beginning of the year and must be returned in order to participate.
Released Time Director
Meeting Dates: September 29, October 27, November 17, December 15, February 16, March 16, April 20
1. Scott County Schools will permit a student to be released from school if requested by a parent for the purpose of leaving campus to attend religious instruction.
2. Parents will receive a consent form prepared by Children’s Bible Ministries and made available through the elementary schools.
3. The program or curriculum of Released Time will not be included as part of the course offerings or curriculum of Scott County public schools.
4. The Released Time will occur during the normal school day, off campus.
5. Transportation will be the responsibility of CBM.
6. School officials may not encourage or discourage students concerning Released Time nor may they sponsor Released Time.
7. The school will remain neutral and the decision as to whether the student will attend the Released Time program will be between CBM and the student’s parents.
Scott County School’s Responsibility
Work with CBM to set up a suitable monthly schedule for the program.
Make parental consent forms available to students as they would any other school function.
Notify students at the appointed time to be dismissed to attend the program.